Sep 17, 2007

Hi-tech crime is big business

This morning I read this head-line and by noon I got a call that my business card had suspicious activity on it. We all can become a target for this crime and yes, my business credit card got hit. How, I don't know but I have become accustomed to doing a lot of business over the internet.

In looking more closely this card has a word virus listed right on the card NO HASSLE. And yes, it just became a huge hassle. My card had to be canceled and a new one reissued. It is an interesting life to keep a positive outlook when things take a downward spiral. The good news is that the $2000 western union wire transfer that was made to my card will not be my responsibility. Somewhere out there someone just made away with $2000 and it seems to be easier than robbing a bank and if this is happening all over the word it can be just as lucrative. When it happens to us personally it hits home how widespread the crime is.

No comments: